Background

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Sympathy Card

I have really been struggling to define my style, having taken a break from cardmaking for almost a year.
I have looked at so many blogs, and admired the creativity of so many talented people, and I think was in danger of falling into the trap of trying to do things that are not "ME".

My dress style is unfussy, strong colours, with the odd bit of bling. I was never a frilly flouncy child, preferring to be mucking out horses than ballet dancing in a tutu.
My daughter is the same....she hated frilly dresses and dolls as a child.

What I am getting at, I suppose, is that for me to try and emulate those very ornate, and without doubt beautiful card creations I see, just wouldn´t be ME, and that´s why I struggle so with them.

So my style, if I have one, is going to aim for simplicity, and the "less is more" approach. 
Now of course this may just be a copout.................but I was so discouraged last week that I couldn´t put anything together resembling the things I saw on so many super blogs, that I almost gave up before I´d begun again. Surely a hobby isn´t supposed to make you feel that way??

Anyway, I have found some wonderful encouragement from my friend Anne, at Wicked Designs, and also from Ikki´s Cuttlebug Cupboard........who shows how you can make wonderfully elegant cards with my little Bug.

My inspiration for this card came from Ikki..................one needed quickly by a friend.










The white linen card was run through the Swiss Dots folder, and, (while I am awaiting delivery of my EaziScore Board) I drew lines with my trusty ruler and embossing tool!
The image is "Bluebells" by Chris Dark, coloured with Marvy Le Plume pens, the ovals done with the Nestabilities scalloped Ovals, and matted onto some blue card in my "scraps" box.
The sentiment is computer generated. 

So I am scouring the internet, and my bank accounts, for more toys for my "Bug", and more Marvy Le Plume pens.

 

1 comment:

Anne said...

Perfect all round. Hugs x