Background

Sunday 17 February 2008

All In A Days Work!!

Those of you who know me will know that we try to let out two of our rooms as a BnB - not had too many guests yet, but hope springs eternal.

I had planned to spend today (after the ironing) making cards, but a neighbour knocked on the door at midday to ask if a visiting artist could stay.

"When?" I asked.
"Tonight and the next two nights" she replied.

Well the room wasn't aired and I needed to give everywhere a thorough cleaning so at first I said I could only put her up for tomorrow and Tuesday.

However after a burst of energy, I had made up and aired the room by 4.30, so called her to say her friend could stay from tonight if she wished.

They turned up at 9.45, and to say the friend was well oiled would be putting it mildly.

We got her upstairs, in the hope she would fall asleep.

My neighbour left to fetch her luggage, and within 2 minutes I was entertaining the drunken lady in my living room. She wasn't going to sleep it off as I had thought.

Now, don't get me wrong, she is obviously a VERY nice lady, but I was concerned that she would break the glass lamps, vases etc, in her room, and, more to the point, fall down the 3 flights of stairs and hurt herself.

Ten minutes later my neighbour reappeared with a 6foot 6" Norwegian artist, who she said would "give her a good talking to, and put her straight"

To cut the story short, they took her away, apologising profusely for her behaviour.

I've lost out on 2 night's accomodation, but WHAT an experience.

Who'd be a landlady??

Needless to say I haven't made a single card. :-(

1 comment:

LAZY-TROUT said...

Sounds like you have had some fun jackie.

Your blog is looking great. Look forward to coming back and having a nosey ;o)